Dong Duong Buddhism institute lies in Binh Dinh commune, Thang Binh district, about 60 km Southwest of Da Nang and about 40km Northwest of Tam Ky city.
Built in 875 under the dynasty of King Indravaman II, this was the Buddhist institute of the Champa kingdom. It was one of the most important relics of Buddhist architecture in the Champa kingdom. Due to war and time, what remains today is only a piece of a low wall, some architectural decorative pieces and the foundation of the old building.
However, scientific research documents and archaeological artifacts in Dong Duong show that it was once one of the most typical Buddhist architecture of Champa kingdom in Southeast Asia with seminaries and a Buddhist alter. The altar is in a rectangle shape 330 meters long, 240 meters wide. In 1901, the archaeologist, L. Finot found 229 relics, one of which was a bronze Buddhist statue, 1m high and influenced by Indian style-Amaravati. It’s one of the most beautiful statues in South-East Asia, now displayed in Ho Chi Minh History Museum.